Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
DE&I Leadership Experience
The IMA is offering a small group of select diverse and underrepresented professionals a unique opportunity to experience and impact IMA’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) efforts through a first-hand look into the inner workings of our DE&I Committee.
This program will offer the selected participants an opportunity to collaborate with an assigned mentor to address work and professional DE&I challenges and explore growth and betterment potential. The selected participant will collaborate with their fellow participants and assigned mentors on contemporary and real-world issues, problems and challenges relating to DE&I. This program will culminate with the presentation of a project or a paper on the topic of DE&I to senior leaders of the IMA.
This experience will provide the selected participants the following specific opportunities:
- Award of the DEI practices certificate of the IMA free of cost to the participant subject to the participant satisfying the proficiency requirements of the certificate.
- Be mentored by an IMA volunteer leader.
- Participate as a presenter and / or as a moderator in IMA Leadership Academy (IMALA) Spring webinar on a diversity topic.
- Engage in periodically scheduled virtual activities including meetings with the DEI committee, IMALA committee, and IMA’s Sustainability Management Committee and contribute as necessary.
- Learn the inner workings of volunteer governance.
- Gain valuable leadership experience and be recognized as future leader of the IMA, and
- Attendance at a local IMA community event in your region*
To participate in the DE&I Leadership Experience, a participant must:
- Be an IMA professional / student member in good standing.
- Have interest in volunteering with IMA and to build leadership skills.
- Demonstrate passion and / or interest in the topic of DE&I.
- Be proficient in the English language.
- Apply in the prescribed format by the due date mentioned below.
Applicants will be required to attach the following items in support of your application to the 2023/24 DE&I Leadership Experience program: Resume, At least one Letter(s) of Recommendation from your current/former manager, or another IMA volunteer member, Volunteer History within or outside of IMA.
Applications for the 2023-2024 DE&I Leadership Experience program to commence in January 2024 are now open and can be accessed by clicking here.
Completed applications should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on October 31, 2023.
Applicants who can demonstrate their underrepresentation at their work, profession or community will be given preference.
Completed applications will be reviewed in November 2023 and the applicants selected for this program will be notified by Friday, December 1, 2023.
* IMA will cover the cost of travel to your regional community event.